Jobs at AIT
The American Institute in Taiwan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The American Institute in Taiwan Taipei Office is seeking an individual for the position of Consular Specialist in the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit of the Consular Section. The deadline for applying for this position is June 25.
The American Institute in Taiwan has different types of internships for the eligible candidates who wish to join the intern programs. Deadline for applying for the internships is June 28, 2013.
Tips for Preparing AIT Job Applications
A. Cover Letter
- Indicate the position for which you are applying and why you should be selected.
- List any essays, certificates, awards that address the qualification requirements of the position
- If you have travel plans in the near future, to help us schedule interview for you, please let us know the periods of time when you are away from Taiwan.
B. DS-174 Form
- Select one of the three ways to use the DS-174 form.
1. If you have access to a printer, please fill out the attached DS-174 (PDF 551K), print it and email a scanned copy to us.
2. If you do not have access to a printer, please use the DS-174 form online instead. After you complete the data, click "Print" -> Send Printout to "Adobe PDF File", then download the document and email us the PDF file as the attachment.
3. If you can't open either of the above form, please contact AIT HR office to obtain a word document.
- Read instruction carefully before filling out the form. Make sure you complete all questions. Put "N/A" to the questions that do not apply to you.
- Please put your Taiwan ID number (身分證字號) in Block 14B.
- Provide all work experience information. Please do not just put your last 2 jobs. Application with insufficient information may not be considered for interview.
- If you chose to provide a current resume or curriculum vitae rather than a DS-174, please make sure it contains the same information found on the DS-174 form. Again, resume with insufficient information may not be considered for interview.
- Please do not send us your autobiography.
Jobs at AIT Kaohsiung
Please click here for jobs at AIT Kaohsiung Branch Office.